DR. KRISTIN DYKSTRA: TEACHING
Distinguished Scholar in Residence, St. Michael's College (Vermont)
Formerly Professor of English, Illinois State University, until July 2014
TEACHING at St. Michael's College
- Political Science 425, Politics and Literature > Transnational Literatures and Cultures in the Americas (Spring 2015)
- American Studies 227: Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures and Cultures(offered in Spring and Fall 2014; also to be offered in 2014-2015 academic year)
- American Studies 229: Introduction to Cuban Literatures and Cultures (Fall 2014, to be offered again in 2014-2015)
- Freshman Seminar: Place and Placelessness (Spring 2015)
- Spanish 101 (Fall 2013)
TEACHING at ISU
- Graduate and undergraduate internships & assistantships: Mandorla
- MA & PhD project supervision
- English 495, Special Topics (one version as Comparative American Representations; one version as Studies in US Latino/a Literatures; graduate)
- English 482, Introduction to Literary Criticism (translation theme; graduate)
- English 434, Studies in Contemporary American Culture (graduate)
- English 432, American Literature 1830-1870 (graduate)
- English 300, Senior Seminar (undergraduate)
- English 286, Prose (undergraduate)
- English 267, Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures (undergraduate; new created course for catalogue)
- English 232, American Literature 1830-1870 (undergraduate)
- English 229, Introduction to Literary Genres (undergraduate)
- English 131, American Culture: Traditions & Texts (undergraduate)
- English 125, Literary Narrative (undergraduate)
Dr. Dykstra was previously also affiliated with ISU's Latin American and U.S. Latino Studies Program.
Guest poet/scholar T. Urayoán Noel in Dr. Dykstra´s English 267,
Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures and Cultures, Feb. 2011
Dr. Dykstra's English 286 class with guest writer Achy Obejas, 2007
Photo: Maura Toro-Morn
TEACHING AWARDS & GRANTS
Faculty Development Course Reassignment Grant (2009). Office of the Provost, Illinois State University.
Teaching Initiative Award, College of Arts and Sciences. Illinois State University (2005).
Excellence in Teaching Award. University-wide award made by the Graduate School of SUNY at Buffalo (2000).