DR. KRISTIN DYKSTRA: TEACHING
Distinguished Scholar in Residence, St. Michael's College (Vermont)
2012-2014: Professor of English, Illinois State University [On Leave through May 2014]
2008-2012: Associate Professor of English at ISU
2002-2008: Assistant Professor of English at ISU
TEACHING at St. Michael's College
- American Studies 229: Introduction to Cuban Literatures and Cultures(Fall 2014)
- American Studies 227: Introduction to US Latino/a Literatures and Cultures(Fall 2014, Spring 2014)
- Spanish 101 (Fall 2014)
TEACHING at ISU
- Graduate and undergraduate internships & assistantships: Mandorla
- MA & PhD project supervision
- English 495, Special Topics (one version as Comparative American Representations; one version as Studies in US Latino/a Literatures; graduate)
- English 482, Introduction to Literary Criticism (translation theme; graduate)
- English 434, Studies in Contemporary American Culture (graduate)
- English 432, American Literature 1830-1870 (graduate)
- English 300, Senior Seminar (undergraduate)
- English 286, Prose (undergraduate)
- English 267, Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures (undergraduate; new created course for catalogue)
- English 232, American Literature 1830-1870 (undergraduate)
- English 229, Introduction to Literary Genres (undergraduate)
- English 131, American Culture: Traditions & Texts (undergraduate)
- English 125, Literary Narrative (undergraduate)
Dr. Dykstra is also affiliated with ISU's Latin American and U.S. Latino Studies Program. If you might be interested in a minor with this interdisciplinary program, check out the program website or see Dr. Dykstra.
Guest poet/scholar T. Urayoán Noel in Dr. Dykstra´s English 267,
Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures and Cultures, Illinois State University, Feb. 2011
Dr. Dykstra's English 286 class with guest writer Achy Obejas. Illinois State University, 2007
Photo: Maura Toro-Morn
TEACHING AWARDS & GRANTS
Faculty Development Course Reassignment Grant (2009). Office of the Provost, Illinois State University.
Teaching Initiative Award, College of Arts and Sciences. Illinois State University (2005).
Excellence in Teaching Award. University-wide award made by the Graduate School of SUNY at Buffalo (2000).