DR. KRISTIN DYKSTRA: TEACHING
Scholar in Residence, St. Michael's College (Vermont), 2013-2014 School Year
Professor of English, Illinois State University [On Leave]
TEACHING at St. Michael's College
- Spanish 101
- Interdisciplinary literature & culture course TBA (Spring 2014)
TEACHING at ISU
- Graduate and undergraduate internships & assistantships: Mandorla
- MA & PhD project supervision
- English 495, Special Topics (one version as Comparative American Representations; one version as Studies in US Latino/a Literatures; graduate)
- English 482, Introduction to Literary Criticism (translation theme; graduate)
- English 434, Studies in Contemporary American Culture (graduate)
- English 432, American Literature 1830-1870 (graduate)
- English 300, Senior Seminar (undergraduate)
- English 286, Prose (undergraduate)
- English 267, Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures (undergraduate; new created course for catalogue)
- English 232, American Literature 1830-1870 (undergraduate)
- English 229, Introduction to Literary Genres (undergraduate)
- English 131, American Culture: Traditions & Texts (undergraduate)
- English 125, Literary Narrative (undergraduate)
Dr. Dykstra is also affiliated with ISU's Latin American and U.S. Latino Studies Program. If you might be interested in a minor with this interdisciplinary program, check out the program website or see Dr. Dykstra.
Guest poet/scholar T. Urayoán Noel in Dr. Dykstra´s English 267,
Foundations of US Latino/a Literatures and Cultures, Feb. 2011
Dr. Dykstra's English 286 class with guest writer Achy Obejas, 2007
Photo: Maura Toro-Morn
TEACHING AWARDS & GRANTS
Faculty Development Course Reassignment Grant (2009). Office of the Provost, Illinois State University.
Teaching Initiative Award, College of Arts and Sciences. Illinois State University (2005).
Excellence in Teaching Award. University-wide award made by the Graduate School of SUNY at Buffalo (2000).